Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Aprilynne Pike's Wings, Spells and Illusions



Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.
Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

Laurel's life is the very definition of normal . . . until the morning when she wakes up to discover a flower blooming from her back. As it turns out, nothing in Laurel's life is what it seems. Now, with the help of an alluring faerie sentry who holds the key to her true past, Laurel must race to save her human family from the centuries-old faerie enemies who walk among them.




"I can’t just storm in and proclaim my intentions. I cant 'steal' you away. I just have to wait and hope that, someday, you’ll ask," Tamani said.

"And if I don't?" Laurel said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Then I guess I’ll be waiting forever."

Six months have passed since Laurel saved the gateway to the faerie realm of Avalon. Now she must spend her summer there, honing her skills as a Fall faerie. But her human family and friends are still in mortal danger--and the gateway to Avalon is more compromised than ever.

When it comes time to protect those she loves, will she depend on David, her human boyfriend, for help? Or will she turn to Tamani, the electrifying faerie with whom her connection is undeniable?


"I don't do patrols, I don't go hunting, I just stick close to you. You live your life. I'll keep you safe," Tamani said, sweeping a lock of hair from her face. "Or die trying."

Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life returns to normal, Laurel realizes that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.

~~~~~
A few reminders: the files are all in PDF format. If you wish to download the book, click on its title. If the links are no longer working, please send me a message (blog post tag is: PM ME)!

ONE MESSAGE IS ENOUGH. DO NOT SPAM. THANK YOU.

Disclaimer: the information from each of the books were taken from Goodreads. They are not my words nor would I ever claim them to be. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment